The available customer assistance services have been designed to provide information, to report on critical situations and to interact with operative units by using a fast and easy to use communication channel.
Web Customer Area
The reserved area is the “privileged place" for communication of Mercitalia Rail with its Clients.
You may make use of a series of interactive services which enable, in full autonomy, to carry-out the main day to day actions, making your relationship with Mercitalia Rail faster and more efficient:
• Monitor the proper shipments through a train and wagon tracking&tracing system which allows for organising better your own logistic processes;
• Consult the program of your ordinary and extraordinary transports;
• Fill in the Consignment Note online, sign it digitally and send it to Mercitalia Rail for the carrying-out of the transports;
• Consult and download at any moment the consignment notes which Mercitalia Rail keeps in an dedicated digital archieve;
• Check the accountancy data, both for transports to be yet invoiced or those already invoiced;
• Download customized files.
The access to this reserved area is limited to customers or their delegates, who have an active transport contract with Mercitalia Rail. It’s sufficient to fill in the appropriate form and our Customer Service will create an User ID and Password for you.
This service is available from land and mobile phones, from Monday to Friday from 8.00 to 18.30. An operator is available for customers or for those who wish to get in contact with Mercitalia Rail for: - General information - Commercial references - Information on the status of shipments. Land calls are free of charge at answer. The cost of a phone call made between Monday and Friday from 8:00 and 18:30, and Saturday from 8:00 to 13:00, is €14.25 cents/minute (VAT included). At all other times, the cost is €5.58 cents/minute (VAT included). The cost of calls made from a mobile phone depends on the rates established by the caller’s mobile service provider.
(*) For domestic calls only. Calls from abroad must be made to the following number +39 0643243963. The cost of calls from abroad depends on the rate established by caller’s national phone service provider.
For customers who choose our block train products, there is a dedicated facility with specialised personnel who can provide all the necessary assistance to:
• manage and adapt the transport program to your needs;
• constantly monitor your shipments with proactive information;
• manage all reports of critical situations;
• be on your side during the entire duration of the transport.
All the necessary references for getting into contact are provided by our commercial facilities upon signature of the contract. For further information on the service please contact us under 199.141.141.
Our commitment is to satisfy our customer’s needs. Reports on problems or inefficiencies are thus an important opportunity for improving our services. For any comment on the quality of the service provided by Mercitalia Rail, you can write to a dedicated mail address which will be communicated upon signature of the transport contract. This dedicated communication channel guarantees an answer within 15 working days and allows for the tracing of your report with the aim to constantly improve our services.
Customers who wish to submit claims for damages incurred to the goods during transport can send the necessary documents to a dedicated and registered mail address which will be communicated upon signature of a transport contract.
In alternative, you may send the claim by registered post to the following address: Mercitalia Rail S.r.l. – Gestione Indennizzi Piazza della Croce Rossa, 1 – 00161 Roma
The request, made on two original papers with the header of the company involved, must be accompanied by the following documents: